Are you passing your spiritual tests? We believe everyone frequently has the opportunity to pass spiritual tests, and in the process create a better world and good karma for the future.
Sometimes it’s not easy, but if you do the right thing and respond with honesty, unconditional love, and tolerance, you’ll pass the spiritual test.
Don’t feel bad if you sometimes fail a spiritual test because everyone is here to learn and that’s part of the process. As long as you make an effort you will reap the benefits in the future.
Below are examples of how to best handle spiritual tests.
1) While out with a group of friends, several of them gossip about a woman across the crowded bar, judging her for being “easy.” You happen to know her and that she’s a very kind person. Instead of keeping your mouth shut in order to keep the peace, you speak up, defend the woman, and call out your friends for projecting their sexual shame onto her.
2) You’ve tried to get along with that coworker of yours, but he always manages to push your buttons and strike when you least expect it. Instead of striking back, you detach, try your best not to take his actions personally, and accept him for the jerk that he is.
3) While shopping one day, a man walks by and accidentally drops his wallet full of cash. He looks loaded and you could really use the money, but you remind yourself that you’re not entitled to a stranger’s money unless they give it to you. You pick up the wallet, run after him, and hand it back.
4) Your ex-husband treated you horribly, but you never speak badly about him in front of the children, even though you’re aware that he does. It’s painful at times, but you hold your tongue and remind yourself that they’ll realize the truth when they’re older.
5) You have the option to lie about your sexual orientation and date the opposite sex, but you decide it would be selfish and unfair to deceive someone in order to hide your true orientation. Instead, you gather your courage, care less what others think, and live your life the way you really want to.
6) You fell out of love with him years ago. Instead of staying because of the money and having an affair with the other man you’ve fallen for, you’re honest with your husband and set him free so he can find someone more compatible.
7) You’ve experienced a lot of racism and you have no tolerance for it. However, when an acquaintance is accused of racism and you know it’s not true, you defend her. You understand that it would be unfair and unwise to use anyone in an attempt to stop racism.
8) A coworker and friend is accused of something she didn’t do. You know the truth, but if you speak out, it could jeopardize your job. Instead of saying nothing and allowing her to suffer, you tell your boss the truth.
9) You’re in love with your girlfriend but one day you check her phone while she’s in the shower and discover she’s been cheating. You have the opportunity to expose some nasty secrets to her boss and get her fired, but you know that revenge would only create negative karma. Instead, you bite the bullet, accept her infidelity and that it will take you some time to get over the betrayal and pain, and move on.
Make those spiritual tests more easily identifiable and tolerable, identify subconscious fears and blocks, and much more with our Direct Your Destiny e-package.
Copyright © 2015 Stephen Petullo, Scott Petullo